But back to the numbers:
- JetBlue reported $3.39B in 2008 revenue, or ~$9.3M per day.
- JetBlue has 600 flights per day, so that's
- About $15,500 per flight.
- JetBlue flies 107 A320s with ~150 seats and 35 Embraer 190s with ~100 seats.
- Assuming 120 purchased seats per flight:
- JetBlue makes an average of ~$130 per seat purchased,
- Which is about in-line with getting a good deal on an airfare.
$15,000 sounds pretty cheap to fuel up the plane, stock it with service items, get the people on-board, fly them somewhere, land, get all the people off, and pay the salaries of the gate agents and flight-crew - to say nothing of maintenance, depreciation, and capital costs.