Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 In Retrospect - Top 3 Themes

Three top themes punctuated my 2007:

3. Scandinavia: My father's family came from Sweden, my mother's from the Shetland Islands, but despite having traveled extensively throughout my life, I had never been to Scandinavia. In 2007 I spent a lot of time in Denmark, Norway, and Sweden, check, check, and check.

2. Job-Switching/Career Progress: I switched jobs twice in 2007. I gained a lot of professional confidence, and really expanded my network through this process. I can really appreciate the foundation and springboard that my friends and mentors at Judysbook provided me.

1. Breaking up: My girlfriend and I broke up in September after five or so years together that span my entire post-college lifetime. These are some of the most formative years in a person's life, and I can't imagine muddling through with anyone else. Thanks for all the amazing & uncommon experiences, generosity, and support.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My father's fam is from Sweden, too. I havent't visited yet, though I intend to this summer.