Monday, April 2, 2007

Internet Sketch Quotient (Color-Coded)

Dick Costolo, CEO of Feedburner, recommends color coding your metrics so as not to get bogged down in the details.

I have tried to take his advice to heart:

Recently, for recreational purposes, I generated a list of keywords related to the word "fiancee". Now, when I think of that word, I associate it with wholesome concepts like marriage, settling down, responsibility, commitment, etc. But since the Internet Sketch Quotient is High, each of the top 5, and 9 of the top 10 related search queries by search volume were focused around Visa for Mail-Order, or Near-Mail-Order Brides from developing countries. These top 10 results accounted for 83% of total search volume and visa queries dominated the rest of the list as well. Coded by Color - I call that Orange, at least:

No comments: