As mentioned here previously, I don't know much about many things. One thing that I do know is how a non-technical person can whip up a high-conversion landing page in 10, maybe 5 minutes. This is the kind of project I love - quick enough to get done in one sitting before my ADD sets in.
Here's what you do:
1. Go to Flickr and find a good picture of a hot girl (I know, it's tough work).
2. Open PowerPoint and paste the photo into a slide.
3. Write up whatever offer you are trying to promote in a textbox on the slide.
4. Design it up a little bit.
5. Open something like Paint.NET, paste the PPT slide in and save it as an image.
6. Upload the image to somewhere like Flickr.
7. Open something like Nvu and throw the new image into an html page.
8. Make the whole image link to the desired target, and add a paragraph or so of appropriate text at the bottom of the page.
9. Stick your page up somewhere and point traffic at it.
10. Sit back and watch the visitors convert.
How well can a page like this convert? Lets just say it's well North of whatever you're thinking.
How about a free bonus example? Here's a fun one I whipped up for 'demonstration purposes':